Thursday, January 6, 2011

Joined a Quilt Along...

Yup...that's right...I stumbled onto a Quilt Along...theme...Civil War!
And since I have started to amass a sum of Civil War repro fabrics...I am doing it!
It is a year long, one block per WEEK...gasp, one per week! Yikes! I need to keep up with this...
in the end...52 blocks...8" each!
So after I finished this last night...
I moved on to cutting and sewing on Block 1 of Civil War Quilt Along!
More info on this will follow as soon as I can figure out how to add the "link" to the blog for this quilt along!
I know this looks like the same fabrics in the Star above...but it is not!  Trust me :) camera fails to get the values right...need to work on that too!
Okay see...I figured it out  <;) and it only took me a minute or two!  Just call me Swifty!
Barbara Brackman is started this quilt along to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the American Civil War. 1861-1865.
She is posting a block a week plus stories, pictures and other tidbits.
In addition, I spent some time folding a pressing more of those darned prairie points!!!  :)))))))
Happy Sewing!
Colleen




No comments: