Sunday, August 29, 2010

A little bit more...

I didn't get too much done today but did decide on the applique for my pumpkin banner.  Clearly I changed my mind about the leaves.  I used an Americana print for the letters...I just had to get some in there :)
I cannot machine applique or quilt it tonight because of another project I have to work on for my daughter but thought I would post the progress.

The letters are from the "Free Alphabet" from Pat Sloan.  It is great to have and they are printed in reverse!
The stem and leaves are from two different patterns I had and the stem had to be altered to fit.

I also have a little embroidery practice I did in a class Friday night.  My machine has an embroidery unit and I have never used it.  Now I am ready to start using it!

Happy Sewing!!!

I've been busy...

Wow!  I cannot believe how long it's been since I posted!  I've been busy.  I wish that I was away because of a vacation but, no, just busy with life.
One great thing...I did get a new car!  Mine was on it's last leg so I needed to trade it in for a new one.  I'll miss the old one, we traveled many miles together over the past 10 years!  But, the new one is really nice so I think I can form a new relationship and deal with the change...HAHA!

I bet some of you who know me thought I couldn't remember how to get back onto the blog...LOL!  That does happen but not this time!

BUT, I have been doing a little sewing.  Not enough but some...
Here are a few WIP's from the past couple of weeks.
First, I did find some good oranges and other fall looking fabrics to work are a few.
I went to my sister's house again and we worked on the same project.  A pumpkin banner that she had a pattern for.  We shared some of our fabrics.  Now I just need to find the time to get a stem on the pumpkin and decide if I want to put leaves or stars (I could put stars on anything!) in the 'dead' space. 

Sorry it's sideways! :)
Then I started to design a fall tote.  Working on the quilting before assembly.

Nuts!  I just noticed those two cream pieces that are the same got butted together.  Dang it!  Funny how you don't see these things until you take a photo.  Oh well.  One will be on the bottom of the bag so it should be okay...wait a second...the two greens on the upper left...darn, and the gold!  I'm leaving it!!!!  If Vera Bradley doesn't like it too bad!!!

Lastly (sorry this is a long one), I had another mystery class at the shop and this was the runner the class made.  I am getting ready to sew on the binding.

Hope everyone is having a great final couple of weeks to the summer!  The weather here has been lovely!
Happy Sewing!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

What happened to the Green Star Mini Quilt...

I did get to go to my sister's to sew on Friday.  Here she is at her machine and the HUGE extension table her husband made for her.

I brought along the green fabric I scanned for the mini quilt but before I left the house I found some orange and black homespun fabrics.

I have had these for years!  I used them before to make stuffed pumpkins.
So I changed from the green assortment to the orange and black to make a mini star quilt.
Here it is in the works.  The homespun really stretches A LOT!  Especially that smaller orange check...WOW...I sprayed the heck out of it with the Best Press.

I finished it today, in between housework and paperwork for my husband's business.
Really a very primitive look, with simple quilting and I turned the back around to the front to bind it.

Honestly, I can't wait to hang it for Halloween.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Happy Sewing!