Sunday, August 29, 2010

A little bit more...

I didn't get too much done today but did decide on the applique for my pumpkin banner.  Clearly I changed my mind about the leaves.  I used an Americana print for the letters...I just had to get some in there :)
I cannot machine applique or quilt it tonight because of another project I have to work on for my daughter but thought I would post the progress.

The letters are from the "Free Alphabet" from Pat Sloan.  It is great to have and they are printed in reverse!
The stem and leaves are from two different patterns I had and the stem had to be altered to fit.



I also have a little embroidery practice I did in a class Friday night.  My machine has an embroidery unit and I have never used it.  Now I am ready to start using it!



Happy Sewing!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Working with embroidery is addictive!! I love using my machine and have it working a lot! I love that pumpkin banner. Cannot wait to see it done!

Deb said...

Cute little flower. How big is it? Whatcha gonna do with it?