Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sewing September 13, 14, 15 and 16...

WHEW!  That's a lot of sewing days...
AND I really have been sewing!

Sewing everyday?  YES!
I cannot show you everything because some are for
other people and that would spoil surprises...maybe.
But I worked on these Kimono Blocks...
Now the struggle is to find sashing and border fabric
that I am happy with.
Maybe it will need to be a black?  
This is a tough one and I have tried quite a few.
So, more to come on this and it might even have to 
wait until after the holidays since it really isn't for
anyone on my list right now.
Bordered one of the Happy Halloween embroideries.
I really like this and could make a few more of these.
BUT...I seem to constantly be running out of BLACK thread
these days!
The border fabric is one I found and purchased because the color
and stars drew me to it.
Big surprise when you look up close...Witches' hats.
Adorable!  It's a Thimbleberries from 2010.
Dresden Plate Candle Mat...
These were fun and quick to do and now I have to finish them.
I have a couple more of the Dresden Plate mats in mid-piecing.
That squiggly stripe gets a little dizzying after a while!

And that's all I can show right now...more to come.

I am ready for fall and all the beautiful colors it brings
along with the fun of Halloween.
BRING IT ON!!!

Happy Sewing!
Colleen







1 comment:

retrorevival.biz said...

Ooooh, the kimono quilt is gorgeous! Hoping you'll post more pictures of it so we can see it closeup:)