Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy September...

Happier National Sewing Month!!!

Did you know...
The observance of National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month “In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation.”

You can visit this link
for more information.

Internaional Sewing Month

Since the theme this year is "Sew for the Skill of it" I think it would be a good idea to learn some new techniques OR improve on some of the sewing skills I already have/use!

That is my goal this month...and I need to get back into sewing every single day!

What about you?
What new sewing skill will you learn or practice this month?

I will keep you posted with daily sewing and skill building progress on this end...stay tuned!
And don't for get to tune up your machine if it needs a good cleaning!
AND...for goodness sake...CHANGE THAT NEEDLE!

Happy Sewing Skill Building,
Colleen


No comments: