Friday, September 13, 2013

Sewing September 11 & September 12...

Sorry I missed posting this sewing project
from September 11...
This was the extent of my sewing for the day.
A sort of large (48X48) wall hanging for Christmas.
GOAL - use up some of those charm packs in my stash.

So yesterday I went back to work on it...

Dug through the stash for some fabrics that could work for borders...
And finished the top!
Yay, one charm pack used...3/4 yard of Background fabric used...
1/4 yard black for inner border used...
1 yard of fabric for the outer border used!
Now...if I make about 'eleventy ninety five' of these
I just might make a dent in that stash!

While piecing the Charm Star Wall hanging I also had the


Ellisimo hard at work!
Stitching time for that baby...
making little butterflies.
So, here is where I learned something yesterday!
Instead of stitching one at a time I dropped in 8 of the designs I wanted to stitch
and "dragged" them around the screen so they would all
fit within the hoop and WOW!
Hoop once...stitch 8...done!

The photo above shows the tiny butterfly tops being stitched and you can see on the screen to the right the 8 butterfly designs all lined up ready to stitch.
Here is a pic of the butterfly bottoms...(LOL, cracked me up)

 And here is the oh so cute 3D Butterfly!

I was inspired to stitch these out because on Saturday, September 21
I am walking in the 
I am walking along side my sister Doreen in this fight against this disease.
She picked the name DAY by DAY for our team because she believes that everyone and everything can come together and fulfill their dreams and needs if they just do it "day by day"!

We are really excited about the walk and since my sister loves butterflies and her favorite color is purple
I thought I would make the girls little lace butterfly barrettes to wear in their hair on the day of the walk.

Well, that was my sewing for the last two days!
In the spirit of National Sewing Month and the theme of
Sew for the Skill of it...
I learned something too!

Have you learned a new skill or anything new about your machine yet this month?

Happy Sewing...and Stitching,
Colleen

PS:  the 'eleventy ninety five' is a number Claire Dunphy used on Modern Family once...I know it's not a real number...but if it was that is how many wall hangings I could make with my never ending stash of crap fabric!




No comments: