Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's Saturday and the sun is shining bright!

I can honestly say that we have been very fortunate with the weather this winter.
This time last year we already had over 3 feet of snow on the ground and were wondering where to put it after we shoveled it.  Not that I miss the snow but I do realize this is winter and we have at minimum 6-8 weeks to go and could see some white stuff at anytime...but according to the weatherman...not in the next 10 days at the very least.  YIPPEE!

I have had a very productive week of sewing.
Finished this top for a class sample.
It measures about 58" x 74" and is a quick one.
The colors are just wonderful and very cheery.
During piecing the strips I saved the little snippets and now I have a bunch of batik HST's for a swap in March.  They just need to be squared up and set aside for the balance of the scraps that will go into this scrap swap project!
Also started cutting and piecing the blocks for this class sample.
This uses a special ruler and a pattern that coordinates with the ruler...more on that at a later date.
So far I have 48 blocks complete but I need 80 total...more sewing tonight.

I also had a lot of 30's snippets from this project and stitched them together into this little lovely.

Still thinking about where this one is headed as a finished table topper perhaps.  It might need a solid blue inner border before the muslin border.  For sure there will be a muslin border, I like the way muslin looks with the 30's retro prints.  There also might be some yo-yo's needed here.  I plan to have some fun with this one.

Have a delightful day and remember to make time to sew...
Colleen


1 comment:

retrorevival.biz said...

Such a pretty quilt, Colleen! It'll be perfect for snuggling up when your snow finally arrives:)

~Cindy