Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November...a photo journal...

There are so many things in life to be thankful for so this might sound silly to some but to others who sew and craft...not sew silly!

I am very thankful to be the proud owner of this...
She is my best friend ~ my sewing machine!

We spend many hours together and like friends we have good times and bad.  She keeps me company and gives me hours of entertaining fun!  We spend time together everyday and she is always there when I need her.
If I didn't have my sewing machine I couldn't do the thing in this world I enjoy most ~ CREATE!

Here are some things I am "creating" right now.
I call these blocks 'alternative friendship stars' and they are for a secret project I cannot discuss right now.

I am also working on this.

This is for a "Small Quilt Challenge" and now that the center rows are complete I need to sew them together and work on the pieced inner border...it needs more red!
And now that I am looking at the photo...I better flip the bottom row before sewing!  The mustard color points should face in to the center!  Good thing I caught that...

I am so thankful that I have the ability and the opportunity to work with my hands and create things ~ it gives me great joy!
I hope you enjoy your sewing adventures as much as I do!

Happy Sewing,
Colleen

1 comment:

sandy davis said...

Love your new 'secret project" blocks - hope the project is for a PQ class! Glad you love your machine - is your featherweight on punishment??!! lol