Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What I sewed today...

Wow, two posts in one day!  That's a first for me but I really had to tell you what I sewed today at my sister's house.  First of all we had sew much fun...lots of sewing, a little bit of what I like to call 'reverse sewing', and plenty of laughter!  It was a super day! I started with this kit...

Only because I wanted to finish something.  The darn thing gave me a little bit of trouble...maybe that is where the laughing comes in!  Too much laughter when sewing leads to 'reverse sewing'.  Well I finished it and started to sew the binding but stopped because I can do the hand sewing in front of the TV...here it is!
It finishes 12" square.  Isn't it pretty...my sister loved it and I think I will gift it to her for her birthday as soon as I finish the binding!

Then I decided to work on a quilt from my stash.  I had cut most of the 9 patch squares out about 1 1/2 years ago. 

I sewed 216 of the 2 1/2" squares into rows of 3...now they need to be cut apart, pressed and sewn into 6 1/2" nine patch blocks (24 of  them).  Then I can move on to the star blocks. 
Sew, I would say I accomplished some good sewing today!
Hope you did too...Happy Sewing!



No comments: