Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm Back!

I cannot believe it is June 1st already.  Where does the time fly too anyway?
I have been so out of the loop the past few weeks but I need to get back on track with everything.

My daughter and grandson were here for 9 sleeps...and Pop and Nan need 9 sleeps to recover.
He is a great boy and he is all boy...boy oh boy.
Lots of playing and having fun.
It was great to have them here for so long, longer than originally planned.

A morning at the beach with Pop!  Very cold water...


On Sunday, May 20th my Father-in-law passed away unexpectedly.  This was very sad and my heart broke for my Mother-in-law.  She is such a sweet person and in a nursing home where they take great care of her.
She was so sad and really did not understand.
Because of this my daughter came home on Tuesday instead of the following Saturday.
My sons and daughter-in-law came on Wednesday.
The house was full and somehow this always makes a sad time a little better, especially with a small child.

Yesterday when we dropped my daughter at the airport my husband said it was such a rough two weeks but he was glad to have then here for so long.  I told him to think of their long visit as a final gift from his Dad.
And a special gift it was.  We really enjoyed it.

Now that it is June 1st I have made a realization.  Last year (2011) I made a promise to sew everyday and I did.  This year I have not done that.  So, starting today, June 1, 2012, I once again promise myself to sew everyday.  You really get a lot accomplished that way.

Here's what I finished today.

This is a shop sample and so quick and easy.  Kits are available for this.

Saturday and Sunday is the local guild quilt show...very excited for this.
I entered a quilt in the show.  Not expecting to win a ribbon or anything.  I reached my goal which was to actually enter a quilt in a show for the first time...check that off the bucket list.
This is the quilt I entered.
My son's wedding quilt.

I wish I could take a better photo.  It should be hanging nicely at the show so I will take a photo at that time and then post a nicer pic.

Have a great weekend and enjoy some sewing...
Colleen


No comments: