Monday, June 4, 2012

A Great Quilt Show

As mentioned in a previous post, the ELIQG Show was this past weekend.
The show was wonderful and all the quilts were simply amazing.
I entered my son's wedding quilt into the show.  This was the first time for me entering a quilt.
Here she is hanging in all her glory. (Finally a better picture of this quilt)
I never expected to win a ribbon.  That isn't why I entered the show.
A group of ladies decided last year that we would all enter a quilt this year.
Well, 3 of us did (out of about 12).
All three won ribbons.
My quilt won three ribbons:
Third Place in Large Duet
Judge's Merit for Piecing
A Vendor's Choice

That's kind of neat.  It was also very nice to see your quilt hanging gallery style 
alongside many other amazing quilts.
I really have to thank my friend Debbie (Divine Quilting) for the most amazing quilting 
she did for me on this quilt.
I adore it and so does my son and his wife.
Now that the show is over I can finally let them take this quilt home with them so they can enjoy it.

Will I enter a quilt in a show again?
Probably!
Happy Sewing,
Colleen

No comments: