Saturday, May 21, 2011

Two little things...

Birthday "Swap Block" for a friend...this time I choose to make a version of the "Crossroads" block because this friend will be moving shortly to start a new life in Florida.  She will be missed ~ she is always bringing great humor  into the shop!  These fabrics came from my stash and when put together I really like the color combo!
Then ~ I had a class teaching the Lil' Twister (still lovin' that tool) and pulled some scraps at the shop to demo during class.  Decision ~ make a quick little Summertime table mat for my daughter!  She will love this one!

I need to quilt this and bind it.  Won't be adding a top/bottom border ~ I think she will like it just like this.  The colors are so bright and cheerful!

This weekend will be very busy getting the homestead ready for ALL the guests coming for Memorial Day weekend; my daughter and grandson, my youngest who hasn't been home in almost a year, and my oldest son and his fiance.  This is going to be one hopping place.
In the midst of all the preparations a quilt for a Baby Shower next Saturday needs to be started and completed!  Whew!  Wish me luck!  It's a good thing that I...
SEW EVERYDAY!
Colleen

No comments: