Sunday, April 19, 2015

Project ALMOST complete

It has been a busy few days with work and other events and I have not managed to get to the sewing machine since Wednesday.  This morning I decided that quilting detox is not for me and pulled out an old project (2011 or 2012) that has been pinned to the wall in my sewing room and quilted it on Lady Tiara.


This was the sample for a class at the shop.  The quilting plan was a little free motion in the center with a star like motif and then some more ruler practice.  I didn't use the ruler for the small outer triangles, for that I just gave myself some registration marks along the edge every half inch from center.  There isn't any quilting in the blue areas because I felt the print would hide the work.

Here is a close up.

Sunday, April 19, 2015
Speed 25%
Free Motion and Ruler Work
Thread - Glide

Lesson learned - quilt some more old projects!
It's fun and it's okay to make mistakes!

Tonight I will prepare a binding and sew it on and then hand stitch it down at the Karate School tomorrow.

Have a beautiful Sunday, the weather here is fantastic!
Happy Sewing,
Colleen


No comments: