Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Free Motion Practice - Day 2

FREE MOTION QUILTING MY WAY...ONE DAY AT A TIME
I have decided to journal my free motion quilting practice sessions so I can see my progress and share what I am learning with anyone who wants to follow along.

Day 2: Feathers (sort of) and some straight line ruler work


Monday, April 13, 2015
Speed 27%
Thread - Glide (top and bobbin)

I think the puckers around the outside is because the sample sandwich is a little small.  The Glide thread works much better with the same thread in the bobbin.
  • Marked an 8" square and diagonal and square lines and stitched in the ditch
  • Used a small (6") arc ruler to stitch the melon shapes
  • Free motion the feather in each of those shapes
  • used a straight ruler to stitch the straight lines 1/4" apart

No comments: