Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yup, two posts in one day!

I have to add another post today because yesterday was such an exciting day for me.
MY SWAP QUILT ARRIVED FROM MY SWAP PARTNER!

Remember two posts ago I showed you this photo of the swap quilt and goodies I sent off to my Small Quilt Swap Partner?

Well, here's what Judy sent to me!  


Isn't it great.  I was truly pleased with it all!  The card is beautiful, the vintage fabric ~ amazing, and the little mouse is just too cute for words.  BUT, that little quilt in the background!  WOW.  And can you see it?  What are the chances that we would both use a friendship star pattern for our swap quilts?
Look at this gorgeous little quilt Judy sent to me.


Here is a shot of the back...

And a close up shot ~ yes, it is hand quilted too!

I am tickled pink!!!  Thank you so much to my new friend Judy, you are amazing!

That was not all for yesterday.  I also received my first issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine.  I had to subscribe because I liked every project I saw that people made from previous issues.  So, now I can drool over every photo of every project and make (or not) whatever I want!

In addition to all this, I signed up for my first ever Block of the Month.  I will be doing the 2012 Thimbleberries Pattern Party BOM.  I must admit that I have taught 2 BOM's but have never been a participant in a BOM.  Cannot wait.  One of the ladies at work talked me into it; she is doing it too.

What an exciting day I had!  I really love the quilt from Judy and all the goodies that came along with it.  I will do another swap with that group of ladies, it was so much fun and I had the best swap partner!

Happy Stitching!
Colleen
PS:  Photos are a good thing.  I did notice that I attached the bottom border on my daughter's little twister (photo in previous post) the wrong way and now I will un-sew it and put it on correctly before I quilt it!


1 comment:

sandy davis said...

Love the gifts to and from your new friend. Colleen, you inspire me with all of your quilting accomplishments!