Sunday, April 28, 2013

Been Busy...



...sewing...working...sewing...working!
I cannot believe that it has been two weeks since I last posted.
Spring has arrived and the days seem sew much longer now...
I have been sewing up a storm!

(And practicing my free-motion quilting too!)

First up is a Baby Quilt for my niece...she is having a little girl!
I am stepping outside the box (for me) on this one and going a little modern.

The colors are wonderful and it went together fairly quick.
Now the quilting.  I am really trying to work on that free-motion without feeling stressed!

The straight stitch quilting is 1/2" apart.  The flower is a stencil I traced
and then I am attempting the free-motion following the lines...YIKES!
But honestly I do not think it is looking to bad so I will continue with it.
The outer borders are 5" wide so I will straight stitch the lines 1" apart in that section.
Still having a personal debate about the 2" spacers between the blocks...
leave them alone or quilt the 1/2" rows???

Then I am trying to finish the binding on this stripe table runner to send off to my daughter as a donation for my grandson's school Chinese auction in May.  I need to get this in the mail by Wednesday!

I also started to machine quilt my Crosses Mourning Quilt that I made in January (2012) LOL!
This was the first in the Kathleen Tracy Small Quilt Group QOM Project.
I am trying to finish it up for a display our guild is doing at the local library.

To top this off ~ my daughter called to say that she needed July 4th pillowcases for my grandson.
She couldn't believe that of all the holiday pillowcases I have made for him he doesn't have one Americana pillowcase!  Shame on me...so here they are in progress.
I just need to serge the final 2 seams and they are done!

And that's what I have been up to!
How about you?
Is everyone sewing everyday?  I hope sew!

Happy Sew Year!
Colleen






2 comments:

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Baby quilts are where I tend to go "a little modern" too. Yours is very cute!

sandy davis said...

Wow, you are a busy bee! I really like the modern baby quilt - it's out of the box for me too. Nice fabrics.