Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Aftermath

Well, it's Wednesday.
Sandy the Hurricane hit us on Monday afternoon.
We lost power around 4pm and are still without as of this point.
Our cell service is out also.
The shop where I work (Pieceful Quilting, Riverhead, NY) was hit hard with flooding.  We had about 2 feet of water come in and there is no electric.  Today the cleaning crews are coming in to start the clean-up.  I hope this doesn't take too long and we can be back in business very soon.
My husband's day job (hair cutters) is closed for a while also.  Trees down everywhere and transformers crashed to the ground.  Hopefully they will also get power back soon so he can go back to work too.
Thankfully my husband's Karate School has power so we can take advantage of that (using the computer there as well as the phone).
Yesterday I loaded up the crock pot with some items from the freezer at home and we brought it to the school and plugged it in to cook all day - results, a nice hot meal last night and saving some food from spoiling.  I'm afraid the rest of whatever is in the freezer and refrigerator is at the spoiling point.
With nothing to do I started washing the windows and will finish them this afternoon while waiting for the Halloween trick or treaters to come by.

I will post some photos when my home computer is up and running - this computer is so archaic it doesn't have the 'slot' for my SID card!

Hope all is well by you!
Colleen

No comments: