Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another UFO...

So this was suppose to be a Valentine's gift for my daughter.  Now it's just another UFO.
That's right, other projects got in the way and this one did not find it's way to completion.
I like the pattern it came from and had this charm pack laying around the sewing room for a few years.
I made a few adjustments to fit what I had on hand and it really is cute for Valentine's Day.
All it needs is to be layered and quilted (I plan to do the decorative applique stitching as quilting for this).
Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day to my darling daughter (who really doesn't read this blog)...maybe you'll get this for next year.

From Kim Schaefer's Calendar Quilts pattern 

On another note, you really need to visit my friend Debbie's blog today.  
Her post is about how she quilted my son's wedding quilt.  Go see it here.
The quilting on this is so wonderful, it made the quilt so much better than it was.
The newlyweds love it too.

Now for a funny Valentine's story.  When my husband (gotta love this guy) and I were out to dinner the other night I told him not to get me flowers this year for Valentine's Day.  They are too expensive and I would prefer 12 cans of my favorite soup.  That's right people, I said soup.
I won't go into the reasons why I want the soup except (aside from the obvious) for the most important one which is that it is the only flavor that NEVER goes on sale like the others.  
His response was "why should I get you anything when all you do for me is make me a card, you don't even bother to go buy one.  You just give me some home made job".
Like I said before ~ gotta love this guy.  This year he is getting a store bought card.  Which means I have more time to sew.  Yup, gotta love a guy that allows you more time to sew.

And, Happy Valentine's Day to all my blogger friends.

Have a wonderful day full and make time to sew...not make cards.
Colleen

No comments: