Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's been a few weeks since my last post...

Yup, it's been a while since I have been on here.
No excuses, just life!
But, I have done a lot more home organizing in between a few project sewing sessions.

There's been practice on that new Sashiko machine leading up to the reason we purchased it in the first place.

Here is a photo of the Karate Gi top for the Black Belts at our dojo.  Plain, boring, black.

Now, here's a photo of one that I have "embellished".
Some embroidery, a little patch and some Sashiko cross hatch stitching.  
It looks so much better and the guys really like the look.
There are still about 11 more I need to finish so that project is taking up a lot of my sewing time.

When I need a break from that (and I do need breaks) this is the project for a new baby girl quilt.


A Kokeshi Doll Quilt from a pattern by Sandy Rodenmayer.
So cute, every one of them!  They still need to be machine appliqued before putting the quilt top together.

I also put together this quick little (20") table topper for the summer the other night as a demo display for the shop.  The technique uses the Quick Curve Ruler and the pattern is free on the Sew Kind of Wonderful website.  Sorry it's a little (or a lot) blurry.  Late night picture taking?


Well, that's what's been sewin' on in my world.  Missing my Lady Tiara, I need a FMQ fix!

Happy Sewing,
Colleen




No comments: