Sunday, May 10, 2015

Some more fun on Lady Tiara...

Last night was a good night to play on Lady Tiara.
A facebook friend posted a video using a straight line ruler quilting inside a triangle so I decided to give it a try.
Here are the pics from that little practice session.

First I traced three triangles onto the practice square.
Then stitched at it!

This was fun and fairly easy.  The friend who posted the video stated that this was a very good design to practice ruler work and she was right.  This session really made me focus on holding the ruler, finding your stopping point and speed.

The first triangle was a little too large.  When doing the first couple of 'rounds' (calling them that for lack of a better term for it) the bottom of the fabric that needed to align with the ruler was off the table so I had to fiddle with that.  So the solution was to divide the next triangle into four smaller ones.
I like the look of both.

Now there is a Pyramid Quilt or a quilt with triangles in my future.
Hey, I wonder if there is one in my large pile of quilt tops waiting to be quilted?
Better check that out before starting another one!  LOL!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful quilting Moms out there!

Happy Stitching,
Colleen


1 comment:

Lucy Daniel said...

I'm enjoying your blog and following your " FMQ MY WAY...ONE DAY AT A TIME." Extremely informative, inspiring. Thank you!!!