Monday, December 13, 2010

Trying to get as much done as I can...

Wow!  Can you believe it's December 13th already?  And yesterday was my last Sunday before Christmas that I had time to do anything gift related.
And...I didn't get as much done as I had hoped!
I have been working on some table runners for gifts (no photos - sorry, maybe next time)!
And came up with a great way to gift them...in old Crystal Light containers.
Really cute!  And I can cut into my stash of fabric AND scrapbooking with this one!
The recipients so far have been very pleased!
I also went scrap diving last night (after making 4 pillow cases with stash fabrics) and made this beautiful "Folded Star"!  This is based on one I designed a few years ago and have been teaching the class at the shop where I work.  The class is always well received and the students love the finished product!

It is so pretty in person the photo is a little hard to take when the frame has glass in it.
The flash gets in the way!
Well, off to work.  I have lined up a few things to sew tonight.  That's how I am attacking the work load...prep in the morning...sew it in the evening!
Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

sandy davis said...

Your grandson is so cute! And your husband is in his glory! Love the idea of the crystal light container. I love that version of the folded star, as always!

Unknown said...

I just love that container!! You are so clever. Your folded star is gorgeous! Love those fabrics.