Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's Sunday...

Good Morning!  It looks like today will be a hot and humid one!  I'll be inside most of the day.
First there are Rank Promotions at my husbands Karate School to attend and
then it's off to a Dance Recital.
My sister's granddaughters will be performing...my Grand Nieces!  I don't know if you have ever been to a Dance Recital with the little ones performing but it is the greatest and cutest thing to watch.  They are just adorable.  They go to a wonderful dance studio, the same one my daughter and my nieces went to.  It's like a family tradition with us!
Of course I wanted to give the little girls a gift for their wonderful performances and I figured flowers were meant to be given by Daddy so...I made them each a little "Origami Purse" I saw on this site http://www.quiltcetera.com/Tutorials/Tutorials/Origami-Instructions.html
I did change it a little by sewing the first fold corners down before I sewed the sides together.
But, they are cute.  I started with an 18" square of each fabric.
I have some really cute decorative travel tissue packs to put inside!  They should love these!

On Thursday I took a class taught by one of my co-workers.  It's for a Shadow Box quilt.
Here are a few of the blocks I have completed so far...

This is going to be a practice run before I use the fabric (Asian) set aside for this in my stash.
The main fabric here is quite old but if it comes out good will make a nice Christmas wall hanging for someone on my list!
The class was fun and learning the technique was great.  The pattern is from the book "Marvelous Miters" by Susan Cleveland.

Have a lovely day,
Colleen

No comments: