Friday, January 16, 2015

2 weeks into the New Year already!

While I still make an attempt to sew everyday,
last year I was not as successful as the year prior.
Oh, I sewed a lot but not EVERYDAY.
This year I set that goal again and 2 weeks in we are doing great!

I love the activity of sewing.
A friend mentioned that I have a lot of unfinished tops
and that is true.
The reality is that I could sit and sew all day long just for
the activity of sewing.
I find it to be the best therapy there is.

My January plan was to make hour glass blocks.
4 per day...

56 so far...


4 to square up from yesterday makes 60.

And, yesterday I think I found a pattern that will work for these.
More on that when the time is right.

Another project from recent sewing is this.

I need to add the borders and this one will be...another top!!!
I call this one "Painted Mountains" because I used a
Fat Quarter Bundle of Laundry Basket Quilts Paint Box Collection.

Maybe I should start thinking about a new goal...
QUILT THE TOPS!!!
I'll think about that one...someday.

Happy Sewing,
Colleen


2 comments:

Judy in Missouri said...

Loving those little hourglass blocks.

Colleen said...

Thanks Judy!
Still searching for an idea of what to do with them...the hunt is on!