Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year...

...and another top!

Yesterday, on the last day of 2013 I finished another top (again, not quilted).

This one started, per my notes, in May of 2011.
Here is the EQ version...

and the version I sewed together...

along with a close-up...

and now it is ready to quilt.  
No promises but I am envisioning some embroidery in the solid blocks.

Then I pulled out my Hex n' More ruler.
(we sell this in the shop)

I played a little... 
this might make a cute little Valentine's Day table topper.
I still have to sew the two halves together but it went together
very fast!

And that is how I celebrated ringing in the New Year...
does it count if I was in bed sound asleep by 11:00 pm?

Happy New Year to you all!
Colleen




1 comment:

Deb said...

I love a woman who can rise to a challenge! Go ahead, pull out another UFO, you're on a roll!
Seriously, congratulations. What's next?