Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sewing...sewing...sewing!

I had the best day on Sunday sewing with my gal pals (and a lot of laughter ~ we seam to laugh a lot)!
It was also very productive and I continued to sew into the evening after I got home.

Look at what I accomplished on Sunday!

This runner is for a class I will be teaching at the shop in January.  I started the binding on it yesterday.  Now, a few weeks ago I purchased an Ott Floor Lamp and finally used it last night to sit in my comfy chair and work on the binding.  The light is great!  Good purchase.  I had saved a few dollars here and there so I could get the lamp I wanted; it was purchased with a 60% off special coupon and well worth it!


I love this little Primitive Gatherings pattern that uses the Itty Bitty Twister Tool.  Changed the pattern a little and added this wide border.  Not quilted yet because I am trying to decide if I want to quilt it or frame it ~ any thoughts out there in bloggerville?


This was just a small little center twister piece so I added the outside borders.  I had used some scraps for a demo in a Little Twister class I taught earlier this year.  My daughter saw it and really liked it and really wanted it ~ sew now it is going to be a gift for her for Christmas.  I need to get this quilted today or tomorrow so I can get the binding on it.

Still more sewing to do ~ and these little fingers are moving as fast as they can!

Colleen

No comments: