Monday, June 22, 2015

Welcome Summer!


Happy Summer!

As for my sewing...it's been Karate Gi sewing constantly!
That's okay, they are all coming out fantastic and once the
first big order for these is complete I can do the rest as
orders come in.


I am really enjoying stitching on the Baby Lock Sashiko machine.
And, surprisingly enough, I am not getting bored doing the same thing
twelve times!!!

In between the custom work on the Gi tops and sitting, watching the
embroidery being done (it is mesmerizing) I have been deciding on a layout
for my grandson's log cabin quilt.

The blocks are 14" and 7" finished and the color choice is to only use blues and whites.
So there are many different blue prints from my in the blocks and the whites are 
all different white on white prints.  Most of the fabrics are from stash and scraps.

The photo below represents the virtual EQ6 version that I think is the layout of choice.


Of course, I still have more blocks to make and cannot
wait to get back to working on these.
For me, log cabin blocks are very relaxing!

Happy Summer Sewing!
Colleen

2 comments:

Judy in Missouri said...

Love that version of Log Cabin!

Colleen said...

Thanks Judy. I think this is the final version that I will use.