Saturday, April 16, 2011

Busy...busy...busy!

Work today...party tonight!
Yup, going to a Fireman's Installation Dinner/Dance tonight with my husband!
It's always fun and the food is always great ~ too bad the weather will be lousy :(...!

Finished quilting and binding the Ice Cream Quilt on Thursday night and dropped it off ~ it can begin the journey to Japan.
Can I just tell you ~ sew soft, sew cozy, sew adorable!

Last night I started the Birthday block for the swap I am in.  This month "Civil War" Fabrics.
Yes, I have a few of those, LOL!!!

I had a block in mind and couldn't pull it off because the center focus fabric wouldn't fit in the block (the flags would have been cut off).  Sew, as it works out I had to design a block to make it work.  Not such a bad thing because I have been trying to design a block for each participant anyway!
Here it is in all it's glory...
The center looks a little "off" color from the rest but that's only in "photo life"...in real life it looks really cool!
Hope the birthday girl likes it as much as I do!

Off to work...HAPPY SEWING!
Colleen

No comments: